Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 3 : NCFE Llanbedr



Llanbedr by Ben Jubb - Thursday, 3 March 2011, 11:39 PM a week at llanbedr :

I did alot of activities including a RAF fitness test with consist of a 3 mile run ran in less than 24 Min's i got this is 20:03 I did this run against a national year 2 student who was also doing his fitness test to follow on his application to join, it was one of the best weeks I've been too.

we also did walking, map work, canoeing, high ropes, guard duty, kitchen duty, room inspections




High Ropes Confidence Training and Teamwork

Llanbedr by Craig Laurie - Thursday, 3 March 2011, 08:59 PM

As a result of coming to Llanbedr I've learnt allot about myself. I completed the high ropes which I thought I would never be able to do. But on Jacobs Ladder I reached the top, which was really high up, I'm very proud that I did that.


The Canoeing course was was amazing because it was a perfectly gorgeous day, with very little wind which made me relaxed and happy. I found it funny when Dave fell in after balancing on the edges of the canoe but did well getting back in the boat afterwards.

On Wednesday we did a TAB (Tactical Advancement to Battle) a run for a long distance without stopping, which we didn't get far on Wednesday but on Thursday we made it all the way to Shell island before the sun came up and that gave us the chance to watch the sun rise over the mountain that is east to our camp NACATC Llanbedr(National Air Cadet
Adventure Training Centre Llanbedr) which was a spectacular moment.
I've also learnt allot about military life with room inspections and how every inch has to be spotless which we failed first time round but on the last inspection we all passed which were all glad about(phew). I hope we still get the opportunity to come next year because it's been a brilliant week and an amazing camp
Craig



Jacobs Ladder


Canadian Canoeing



Jono, Ben and Mo - Following their 3 mile RAF fitness test





Llanbedr by Levi Curtis - Thursday, 3 March 2011, 11:50 PM my week at llanbedr

I really really enjoyed my time at Llanbedr as it has gave me a good overview of what Linet Clough will be like, which I will go on to next year.

I did alot of teamwork activities, such as Canoeing, running, walking, map navigation, kitchen duties, guard duty... and lastly room inspection!

I have definitely picked up allot of experience, of what a uniformed service expects from you.






Llanbedr by James Cope - Thursday, 3 March 2011, 08:29 PM

Wow Llanbedr is one amazing camp I have to say before I came to wales I wouldn't have been able to climb the high ropes and do the squadded run. But now I have proved that I am able to do both, and I have learnt how to work as a team with my mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment