Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 4 : NCFE Llanbedr

Ashley showing off his Kitchen Skills


Paddy on Cleaning Duties
Learners' preparing meals
I came to Llanbeder to assist with the NFCE's residential, generally to help out in any way I could, making sure the NCFE's got the most out of the experience. During the past week's long days and short nights, me along with the NCFE's have managed to fit a lot in. Cooking everyday, preparing three full meals. After which the NCFE's wash up and clean down the kitchen (working on a rota system). On Tuesday I went out with Richie Wilson, a recruitment officer for the RAF to complete my 3 mile run in preparation for the RAF regiment, only going out again with him the next day along with a few NCFE's, who were up for the challenge. This time to better my time by a full minute bringing me yet further under the required time. Fitting in with the running theme, I joined in with their morning runs down to the sea, watching the sun rise over the mountains before heading back off to camp.

Throughout my past week here alone, I have seen the progression, both as a team and individually amongst the NCFE's. As a team they have gelled, and have begun to understand just how important it is, in this environment to pull together in every aspect of living. Being selfish, not looking at the bigger picture never pays off. Individually the learners have realised things about themselves they have never realised before, growing in confidence as well as understanding.

Johnathon Whitham

No comments:

Post a Comment